General (Comprehensive) Eye Examination
General (comprehensive) Eye Examinations consist of:
- computerized pretesting of eye pressure (glaucoma screening)
- refractive error(estimated eyeglass prescription)
- doctor performed refraction to determine best prescription for distance and near vision
- binocular ophthalmoscopy to determine state of blood vessels in eyes and signs of hypertension, diabetes, glaucoma and macular degeneration
- anterior segment evaluation to determine progression of cataracts, corneal disease and arthritic diseases causing dry eye.
The doctor will discuss with the patient what treatment is best for their conditions.
Contact Lens Fitting & Evaluations
The doctors at Baldwin Eye Clinic are qualified and experienced in fitting you with the best contact lenses to help your visual needs. Our staff will patiently and thoroughly train you on inserting, removing, and caring for your contact lenses.
Our contact lens department is equipped to fit all types of soft contact lenses which include single vision, toric (astigmatism corrected), multifocal (bifocals), daily disposable, monthly and tinted prescriptions.
Eye Infections & Diseases
The doctors at Baldwin Eye Clinic have extensive training and knowledge to diagnosis and treat eye infections and diseases. They have advanced equipment necessary for managing eye conditions such as macular degeneration and glaucoma.
Our staff is trained to help all patients with all eye emergencies and to make sure that our doctors see that patient immediately that day.
What is an eye emergency? If a person has a sudden loss of vision for any amount of time, eye redness or pain which is increasing in intensity, unusual visual episodes such as sudden appearance of spots or flashes.
Baldwin Eye Clinic now has available the “Chromagen Lens System” which has been proven in some cases to increase speed and comprehension in improving reading skills for children. This treatment may improve visual perception, increase sustained reading time, and eliminate symptoms associated with reading such as light sensitivity, eyestrain, headaches, blurring of print, loss of place, and watery eyes. Please call the office to schedule a free screening session to determine if this system will work for your child’s particular situation.